population ~ 304 916 accounts
active users ~ 67 707people
servers > 1 187 instances
- cuttlefish Papa Sepia,
Unlike centralized video platforms, PeerTube considers each user as a person, and not as a product to track and sell advertisements. PeerTube's goal is to create a network of small interconnected video hosting providers. Users are free to choose the hoster of their videos according to terms of service and moderation policy. There are no recommendation algorithms and no need to give away extended copyright to your work. PeerTube video broadcasting is peer-to-peer (through WebRTC): when other people watch a PeerTube video at the same time as you, as long as your tab remains open, your browser shares bits of that video and you participate in a healthier use of the Internet. Videos hosted on PeerTube can be viewed directly from Mastodon and (soon) other Fediverse networks.
join the network
Choose a server with open registrations and create an account:
Choose a mobile application from the available ones:
If you'd like to help the PeerTube network grow, you can contribute in different ways.
- Donate to development team or the administrator of your server (if you have the means to do that).
- Set up your own instance, to make federation stronger and healthier, with many small servers.
- Spread the word. Invite your friends. Explain why it's important.
- Contribute with code. Send a pull request. Resolve an issue. Take a bounty.
- Help translating. Design promo materials. Print and distribute stickers.
Thank you. See you in PeerTube.